Sunday 12 July 2015

Little Washing Line...

Hi Everyone,

I apologise for not blogging these past few weeks but my family was told some quite distressing news and I haven't felt arty because of it. However...today... I felt like making something!

Oh yeah...and...in the previous post I showed you a Harry Potter concertina book which I loved! Short story...One of our dogs ate it! She only left the bottle and envelope! #SadTimes!:(

Can any of you remember these?..


I was sorting out a box of lost things the other day in the hope of finding something I could re-create/upcycle.
I found one of these and set it aside not knowing what I'd do with it! As I had no clue what I'd do...I asked mum, dad and Amy. They came up with some great ideas which I combined to make this...


..A little washing line!


(Please excuse the messy mat) I ripped the bug out and filled the wholes with PaperArtsy Grunge Paste.
The base coat of the 'box' was Chalk and the top layer was Sage. Once the Sage had dried...I sanded it back slightly and finished it with Satin Glaze.


Onto a plain page from a book, I printed the sentiment stamp from Eclectica (Darcy) 10.

The washing line itself was just a length of black cotton on which little clothing items were stuck. Those clothes where just drawn onto squares of coloured card and cut out...with little pieces of wood stuck on to the corners to look like pegs.


The soil is just sand coloured with Ranger Vintage Photo Distress Stain. The grass is artificial moss bought from The Range.
The little spade is from JOFY mini 43 which was painted with Chocolate Pudding and Elephant then shrunk.

Hope you liked this and I'll be back soon with a special drawing from my twin sister Amy. If you have any questions about this make then please leave a comment and I'll get back to you.
 ArtymeB:) x








1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

What a brilliant idea! I love it.

Sorry to hear about the sad demise of your lovely HP project.

Lx